If you’re having lagging issues or slow performance when using a high-end PC with Skyrim you can follow this guide to Fix Skyrim FPS Drop. Flexibility and imagination are usually elements of gaming that gamers appreciate. lets players explore the world of Skyrim in the way they prefer. This is among the biggest advantages in Skyrim over other popular games, such as The Witcher 3 for instance. There’s no default character.
The reason that TES V: Skyrim is so popular is that it’s been streamlined to draw the attention of people who are the lowest of the common. Skyrim is more than a sandbox game rather than an RPG because all restrictions in character creation and development are gone. However, before you start searching for the solution, you should understand the root cause. What kind of lag does it?
- What's the significance of "lag"?
- What are the possible Causes for the Skyrim FPS Drop ?
- How to Fix Skyrim FPS Drop [Ultimate Guide]
What’s the significance of “lag”?
It’s when a game seems to be difficult or slow, and players appear like they’re having a tough to enjoy the game. This usually indicates of a non-responsive connection.
Here are some aspects that you should be aware of while trying to fix this issue.
This type of lag occurs when the connection you use to Skyrim isn’t stable or fast. This could cause other players to be adrift in the globe or to complete projects that take a long amount of time to complete.
If your PC isn’t running well while playing Skyrim it may result in blurry or slow graphics. In this situation you need take a look at the performance of Skyrim graphics. Skyrim graphics.
- While playing you get access to the menu inside the game by pressing Esc. keystroke Esc. key.
- Go through Settings
- Under the GRAPHICS section You’ll be able to determine the graphic quality of Skyrim.
- To lower the level, you must first switch into one of the options called graphic quality auto to disable. Then, you are able to make any adjustments to reduce the level.
Lower settings for graphics can affect certain aspects of image or video quality However, it also implies that the device may be less equipped to play Skyrim and may not provide more enjoyable user experience.
If cutting down on graphics’ resolution did not change the game, make sure that your device isn’t running other programs that use large amounts of power. If, however and you’re not sure that you’ve shut down all unnecessary apps to ensure they’ren’t consuming your system resources, which Skyrim may require to ensure proper operation.
If your device has similar issues You can upgrade it so that you can play Skyrim on a device that is faster.
What are the possible Causes for the Skyrim FPS Drop ?
In order to Fix Skyrim FPS Drop, You’ll need to understand about the components that go into your computer’s connection to the internet and how that can affect your gameplay. Here are the top 5 reasons why high ping and, as a result, lagging occur while playing games online.
- Internet service provider (ISP) quality
- Internet connection speed
- Inadequate bandwidth
- Configuration of firewalls
- Geographical location
How to Fix Skyrim FPS Drop [Ultimate Guide]
#1 Increase FPS Limit using FPS Unlocker
Most players have experienced poor frame rates. Most often, a game is good, but then it starts to slow down as your character is in an urban area or a complex setting. The view begins to look like a slideshow. Things become a bit choppy when you rotate the camera rapidly and moving objects such as banners or hair move less smoothly.
FPS Unlocker is specifically developed to tweak the Frame refresh rate while playing game. It will Increase the Default 60 FPS limit and significantly improve Gaming Experience!
#2 Kill Unnecessary tasks in Task Manager
1) Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc together on your keyboard to trigger Task Manager.
2) From the Processes tab, click the programs that you want to stop from running one by one and click End task.
#3 Delete temporary files
Like the name implies, temporary files are the type of files that are used to store temporary information that is generated by Windows itself or applications that users utilize. But they take up some storage space on your hard drive, making your computer slow. This may also reduce the responsiveness to the connection. So to make your computer more efficient, you need to clear out those files so that this won’t create any issues. Here’s how you can do this:
1.) If you are using a keyboard use the Windows symbol button along with R at the same time to launch run. Run box.
2) 2) Type “%temp%” and hit Enter on your keyboard.
3) Remove all files that are in the tempfolder. (Press Ctrland A simultaneously to select each file. After that, right-click and choose the option to delete.)
4) If a message pops up saying that The action can’t be completed You can simply uncheck the box. Do this for all items currently in use and then click “Skip”.
5.) Now go to your Recycling Binfrom Your desktop. Right-click it and select Empty Recycle Bin & Hit YES
After deleting those temp file, launch your game and see whether the lag is less. If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.
#4 Update your router driver
When you notice that your Skyrim is slowing down It’s usually a sign of a slow connection. Your network driver may be outdated and could be the cause, making your game extremely sluggish. To fix it the issue, you’ll need to update your network driver, particularly if it’s hard to remember when the last time you updated it.
#5 Connect a wired cable
If you want to play the wired connection is preferred over a wireless connection for internet access. Wireless connections are the most vulnerable to interference and aren’t nearly as consistent like wired ones. Additionally, they add latency. Thus, it is recommended to make use of a wired connection whenever you play a game online.
#6 Change your DNS settings
Sometimes, your ISP’s DNS server could be slow or not properly configured to cache, which can slow the speed of your connection. It could be the reason your Skyrim has become so slow. To speed up in troubleshooting, modify your DNS settings.
Here we recommend using Google DNS:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
2) Type control and then press Enter on your keyboard to open the Control Panel.
3) Click Network and Internet. (Note: make sure you view the Control Panel by Category.)
4) Click Network and Sharing Center.
5) Click on your Connections, whether it’s Ethernet, Wifi, or others. & Click on Properties
6) Click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP /IPv4) > Properties.
7) Click Use the following DNS server addresses:
For Preferred DNS server, type 18.104.22.168
For Alternate DNS server, type 22.214.171.124
Check the box next to Validate settings upon exit and then click OK.
After changing your DNS server, play your Skyrim games and check if it’s less laggy. If this didn’t do the trick, proceed to the next fix below.
#7 Reduce the graphics quality to Fix Skyrim FPS Drop 
Skyrim mods can not only spice up your gaming experience but also fixes quite a lot of issues with the game and its engine. Simply try these bug-fixing mods such as Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch or SSE Engine Fixes to see if they boost your FPS.
- Go in Skyrim Special Edition Advance option and follow the below changes:
- Shadow Quality –Medium
- Shadow Distance –Medium
- Godrays Quality – Off
- Object Detail Fade – Medium
- Ambient Occlusion and Reflections – Off
- Default FOV – 80 (press ~ and type fov 80 hit enter and type saveini hit enter. Press esc and done.)
Skyrim Special Edition 60 FPS Settings:
- The glitch of low fps can be resolve by turning of Vsync. But internally in the game the settings are missing. So you can do this through a manual process. Follow the steps below for 60fps.
- Press Ctrl + E or Double click on My Computer. Go in Game installation drive. By default it is C:
- Now go in Documents and open folder My Games.
- Look for folder Skyrim Special Edition. Right click on Skyrimpref.ini file. Choose open with Notepad. You can keep a backup of the file with you before modifying. Will be helpful to restore default setting in case of any error.
- In notepad search for iVSyncPresentInterval. The value for the setting is =1. Set this to 0. Save the file and exit it.
- We will be using a third party graphic modification tool to remove the fps limitation. The tool is provided by ENBSeries.
- Go on the official site and click on download. Search for Fallout 4 under Graphic Modification. Click on the latest version 0.307 and download.
- Extract the content of downloaded in a folder. Open WrapperVersion folder. Right click on enblocal.ini and choose open with Notepad. Under LIMITER look for EnableFPSLimit=True. Change the value to false. Next look for ENGINE. Below that you will see ForceVsync=false. Change the value to True. Save the file and exit it.
- The next thing is to copy 4 files from here. They are d3d11.dll, d3dcompiler_46e.dll, enblocal.ini and enbseries.ini.
- Now go in C drive (Default Game installation directory) and click on Program Files (x86). Look for Steam folder and click on SteamApps. Now click on Common and in that look for Skyrim Special Edition folder.
- Paste the above 4 files here. Launch the game and test.